Friday, February 11, 2011

And who says bloggers dont know about fashion???

I attended the IFB Conference yesterday and I'm still hyped from all the action. It was a sea of "sky high fall to your death" platforms, vintage sequins, flowing maxis, hats of every size and shape, dazzling bobble cocktail rings, drool worthy vintage belts and awing ensembles. I couldn't get my mind around being surrounded by such fashion. I literally sat in my seat and just absorbed the frenzy of chatter, the quick zig zagging of thumbs on iphones, the clicking of stilettos and the flashing from the camera's. It was kind of surreal to be surrounded by what I always wanted to be a part of.
She was so nice and sweet and her ensemble was F'ing ridiculous and pretty much the best in the house in my opinion. Love her hand made necklace too!

He called me his wife before I even knew him lol. Super cool guy with great fashion style. His name is Curran and you can check him out at Kings Rule Together.

Amazing colors!
She actually won the ticket to the IFB Conference! And she worked hard for it too. Everytime I looked up she was networking, moving and shaking. She earned those tickets and looked fab while doing so in this vintage thrifted sequin top.





Nubia Mejia from Nubia Nonsense
There was also a lot of cool venues in the building such as Levis with their Shape What's To Come promotion. I was measured for my perfect jean and got a ticket for a free pair...who's pysched...ME! Shopbop.com was also there and had a great Best Dressed Blogger Contest. Lordy Lordy Lord I hope I won!  Aldo was also there showing some hot shoes.

Here are some photos of the general atmosphere of the IFB Conference in full swing









Later we made our way to the Chelsea Room for a very chill party. The open bar was also pretty awesome even though I only had coke. Hey I had to be to work this morning at 8 a.m.! I'm responsible lol!

Got to meet Rai Jean from Swa-Rai and Sahra from Effortless Cool.
These fashionistas were so cool. We had to hop in a cab and get over to the Chelsea Room because it was just "too damn cold" to stand outside waiting for that shuttle bus!

NYC Bloggers Unite! LOL
Me, Sahra and Vanil from The Vintage Devil
These two were my unofficial possey for the evening at Chelsea Room.

Overall...I had an AMAZING time and can't wait for the next conference because I will be there with bells on and sequins and whatever else I can fit into one outfit! The networking was just out of this stratosphere. It was a real treat. For those who didn't get to go I hope you got some sense of what it was like through my photos and content. I will be posting later about the awesometastic gift bags too! So Stayed tuned darlings! For now I'm off to another Fashion Week Event at the W Hotel. Stayed tuned for photos. Oh and I had a major vintage fashion STEELE today...sneak peek tomorrow!

XOXO
Monroe

20 comments:

  1. Oh man it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh!! I'm totally jealous right now and hoping I can attend to the next conference!! So many bloggers that I dont know but know Nubia, been following her!!
    Cant wait for more pictures to come
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ö Hi:) How are you? I think you have a very cool and elegant look. I follow, ok?
    Bye <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your trousers..great print

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! I love all the pictures of people with different styles.. love it, and definitely following!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! you are too sweet.

    I see that you have a blog shop. You should check out my ecommerce site, Recyclemystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ;) I so happy for ya girl awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had so much fun!!
    This was a total success :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm living through you miss lady. Soak it all in an enjoy every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the outfit you chose for the conference....loves it! I want Curran's killer blazer-technicolour dreamcoat anyone?

    What an amazing event to attend and atmosphere to be amongst-networking is the hardest part of blogging I would imagine. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWWW my darling!!!
    it'a all AMAZING!!!! favolous pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the pics, so I can live, form afar the atmosphere of the event. How fantastic...So glad for you.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh so lucky! i wish i can go to NY too :( anyways, enjoy!

    http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so nice meeting you at IFB Con :) I love your blog! You gave such awesome coverage.
    Keep In touch!

    www.thegirlinthecheckscarf.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like it turned out great. I'm going to be waiting on those wedges from ALDO this April.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  16. i watched the whole conference online and it was amazing!! so cool that you got to go experience the whole event :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I felt in LOVE with your dress!!! yeh it really portrays you had an amaizing time...I love your writting style, it made me live the moment while reading... INTERESSTING!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey wife. nice post!! thanks for the love. I'll be in Ny until thursday so hopefully we can link up #nyfw :-)

    http://kingsruletogether.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin