Friday, February 18, 2011

Model For A Day : ALICAT Fashion Show

Tonight I got to walk in my first real fashion show which was kick ass and also kind of nerve racking. The designer is Avril Lemieux and she designs AMAZING handbags and (clothes too although she has no clothing line at the moment) ALICAT. My good friend Stephanie was modeling in her show and one of her models dropped so Stephanie suggested I do it but I couldn't because of work.
 So I suggested my new blogger bestie Sahra of EffortlessCool.
Stephanie and I Pre-Show
Chatting it up with my good friend and talented make-up artist Kenecia (love the hair girlie!)

Alicia, Kenecia and I


So I show up 30 minutes before the show starts to support my friends. I was watching Sahra getting glamed up when I asked Stephanie to introduce me to Avril the designer.  Upon meeting Avril she says Yes you are here, do you wanna walk in the show another girl is missing? I said sure! Five minutes later I'm in hair and makeup and told to get naked. I'm sliding into a sparkly dress held by Avril, sliding into a shoe someone is holding and a bag is put into my hand. My head is spinning, my stomach is quivering and I'm told to walk pose, walk pose, walk pose and that's it. So...Yay I was a model for one night! 



Me and Sahra from EffortlessCool.
 She got to wear this AMAZING hat by designer Nailah Lymus.

Post-Show Stephanie, Alicia and I

Stephanie's dress was amazing. Would you believe the designer Avril made the bags as well as all the clothes and dresses for the show!?! She is super talented.


This rubber spike clutch is one of my favorites!

Sahra's dress was also stunning. Avril's bags are really one of a kind.

Sahra here with the designer Nailah Lymus of this stunning hat. See more of her work here
One of the great and most awesome things is that I GOT TO KEEP THE DRESS...swwwweeeeet!
Post-show we were starving so after networking a little and showing off these gorgeous bags we headed over to Caliente for some power food (chips and guacamole!!!)
Oh I got to keep the tights too!



Avril is a really talented designer...bags..clothes...this fashion chameleon can do it all. To see more of her ALICAT handbag line visit her at

So this was really the highlight of my day. It was unexpected but kinda cool. This is definitely a moment I will always remember!
 So what do you all think of Avril's designs?
 I love love love them! I also think she should venture in to clothing! Tomorrow I have two great fashion events to attend so stay tuned for photos!

XOXO
Monroe

15 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you got to be in a modeling gig...GO Girl!!! I love the spiked clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her hair and the millinery!!
    And lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both stunning, and so is the show. I shall have a good look at her blog.
    have a wonderful weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is nice! Very cool you got to walk in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rubber spiked clutch is my fav as well and of course I love the leopard bag! How fun to walk down the catwalk! Lucky you :)

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so much overloaded fun-ness!! You lucky you got to walk and free dress and free tights!1 I really love all the dress that she designs and the model wore!! agree about she need to branch out
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys look so cool and fashionable. Love the makeup and contours x

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many outfits in just one post? Fist I really like your skirt, and your haircut and -OF COURSE- your dress in the second outfit. You look wonderful and so natural. Love your style.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous. I am sure you worked that runway and like Miss Jay says fiiiiieeerce! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking GORGEOUS! let's figure out a good time to meet/for you to come by NY Vintage! I'm there today (saturday) 1-6!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. <333
    SO much fun and I'm jealous you went to caliente! they have amazing guac!!

    xo http://effortlesscool.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look great! and thats so cool that you walked in a fashion show!! i would be hiding behind a curtain O.o lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. You looked so pretty and haute in that dress!!! And the hats are bananas!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for all the sweet comments guys. i had so much fun walking in the show but i was NER-VOUS!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww...you look so pretty!! YOU GOT TO KEEP THE DRESSS!!!!! OMG!!! Awesommmeee!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin