Friday, August 24, 2012

another thrift day in Brooklyn

it was a bright and sunny 75 degree Sunday.
It was the perfect day for a thrifting adventure in Williamsburg Brooklyn.
As soon as I hopped off the L train at Bedford I ran directly into a few sidewalk sellers and got the most amazing vintage paisely dress for $15. Damn..I love Brooklyn.
I spent 5 hours hitting vintage shops on 7th Street and walked down to the water for the Brooklyn Flea Market and ended my trip with a browse through Beacons Closet before returning to the city.
 Cross Roads has a really great sellection of dresses and shoes!
 If you want vintage Artists and Fleas is where you need to be. It is chalk full of vintage dresses. I spent about an hour in here alone trying on floral dresses and jumpers one after the other.
The prices arent very friendly though. Most vendors price everything about 15-25 dollars over what I'd pay but you can always negotiate.
the floral sweet heart vintage dress.... she didnt fit :-(
I ended up buying 2 pair of sunglasses and a vintage dress.
I really had to hold back because I saw so many awesome things. Check out my last two trips to the Brooklyn Flea Market videos HERE and HERE.
If you want to know more about THRIFTING IN NYC, check out my

xx
Monroe

follow  me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

6 comments:

  1. I love thrifting in Brooklyn. I just moved to LA for college- gonna miss Brooklyn thrift finds!

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variety that NYC offers is nothing short of fabulous. As soon as my finish my international stint, Brooklyn (or Harlem) here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta hit up Brooklyn flea I'm totally missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES its amazing. they have a great selection of vintage dresses!
      xx

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin